St Colmes Street
This extensive renovation was carried out in St Colmes Street in Edinburgh's New Town, a UNESCO World Heritage location. The property is a listed building and as such, great care was taken to adhere to historical regulations and preserve it's original character.
This apartment was featured in an article for The Telegraph magazine. Click below to view the article.
- Full strip out of the property
- Repair/renewal of subfloor including joists
- Structural beams replaced as needed and new steelwork
- Replacemet of windows and shutters with newly made sash and case windows, manufactured and fitted to historical standards by our sister company: Edinburgh Sash and Case
- Manufacture and install of new internal doors and replacement architraves as required
- Renovation and re-glaze of Cupola roof light
- Extensive re-plastering and paintwork including cornice repairs and existing timbers stripped of paint to original condition.
- Strip out and re-instatement of cellar
- renewal of all electrics
- Bespoke fitted kitchen, vanity and bedroom cabinetry including walk-in wardrobes
- New Central heating system with underfloor heating
- Three profesionaly designed luxurious bathroom suites
- High quality fixtures and fittings throughout
This project was completed in July 2016